INTRO: Control over power consumption, and budget; that’s the hallmark of a smart prepaid meter. By providing real-time monitoring, accurate reading, and the ability to pay in advance, a smart meter can help you get rid of a plethora of problems associated with electricity meters of yore. And among the smart meter choices, the one offered by AIPL can be your best bet.
Smart prepaid meters provide accurate and up-to-date readings, which means you’ll only pay for the energy you use
With a prepaid meter, you only use the energy you’ve paid for; so there’s no risk of debt
With real-time monitoring and regular adjustments, a smart prepaid meter allows one to take full control of one’s energy consumption. As it also provides for bill payment in advance, the consumer learns to stay within budget. The following are some key benefits of using a smart prepaid meter:
- Better control: With a smart prepaid meter, you can keep track of your energy usage and know how much credit you are left with. This helps you to avoid unexpected bills, or exceeding your planned budget. You can also top-up your meter online, making it easy to manage.
- Increased awareness: By seeing how much energy you’re using in real time, you can adjust your habits to reduce energy consumption. You may become more mindful of leaving appliances on standby or turning lights off when you leave a room.
- No estimated bills: Smart prepaid meters provide accurate and up-to-date readings, which means you’ll only pay for the energy you use. You won’t receive any estimated bills, so there is no chance of overpaying.
- No more debt: If you have a traditional post-paid meter, you might find yourself in debt if you can’t pay your bills on time. With a prepaid meter, you only use the energy you’ve paid for; so there’s no risk of debt.
- Easy to switch: If you decide to switch energy providers, you won’t need to get a new meter installed. Smart prepaid meters are compatible with all energy suppliers, so you can switch without any hassle.
AIPL (Adwards Intellitech), which has revolutionised the power sector with its smart IoT-based solutions at low cost, also has a cutting-edge smart prepaid metering solution in its portfolio. Realty developers can avail of the AIPL offering with a view to providing world-class metering solutions in their projects. It can prove to be a boon for the consumers with its transparent billing mechanism.